Posted to alt.home.repair
devnull devnull is offline

Default how to get hotter tub

On 2/18/19 8:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 6:39:46 AM UTC-5, devnull wrote:
On 2/17/19 11:36 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 18 Feb 2019 00:44:08 GMT, panman
m wrote:

This is ridiculous , the nanny state in action. I have owned 2 hot springs
spas and used them twice a day at 108 degrees for 30 years. I recently
purchased a new HS for $12 k, and was very disappointed to find this
restriction on temp . I use the tub for therapy, not sitting , drinking
alcohol partying listening to music. I will modify the temp sensors. Its just
like all these liberal do gooders want to control everbody, leave me the hell
alone.

It's just as or more likely someone got scalded at the old temperature,
perhaps a child who I'm told have more sensitive skin, and then sued one
of the makers of these things so they started shipping them with the
thermostat turned down.

I don't think trying to avoid lawsuits and maximize profits is the
domain of liberal do gooders. Certainly not exclusively

If you want to blame everything on liberals, it's going to cloud your
thinking.

Blame it on stupid juries.

The manufacturer was sued, the jury (likely democrats) awarded a huge settlement to the plaintiff and as a result the manufacturer lowered the upper limit on their temp controller.

That said, I'd bet the plaintiff was a democrat looking for a quick payday.

It wasn't one manufacturer, it was ALL hot tub manufacturers, coerced by
big govt.

Wrong, it was a lawsuit filed by Mothers Against Hot Tubs.