Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Old cottage to retiree apartment.

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 18/02/2019 12:55, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 12:58:25 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

My wife and I are 2 thirds of a trio living in a dilapidated cottage
with a large garden.[...]

Thanks for the good advice I've been given on this thread,
particularly that from Owain and TNP. It's helped to clarify the
situation and has moved me on in this project significantly.
I'm going to continue by writing letters explaining needs to the 3
main agencies recommended here, the council planning department, the
architects and the estate agents. This because I now have a much
clearer idea of the situation.

Dont write letters - just pop and and sit down with duty planning
officer and TALK.

and remember the bit when they say "you can't rely (legalese) on
anything we discuss here, the only way to get anything to rely on
is to make an application & pay the fees"... YMMV but I doubt
it.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----