Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The Bench - Finally Done

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 8:28:35 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:00:55 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It looks really nice. She will love it. Good job.

https://i.imgur.com/49h33u2.jpg

I suppose you sanded the bottom of the feet (end grain) nice and smooth AND that she will prime it before painting.

Might recommend to her to thin a bit of primer for the feet bottoms. Thinned primer will adhere (soak in a bit) better on that end grain, helping counter any unseen saw dust and/or dirt/dust that might interfere with primer adhesion.

With best adhered primer/paint, if she applies felt or vinyl casters to the feet, the caster's adhesive will less likely loosen/peel off the primer-paint.

Sonny

I did sand the bottom of the feet. I was considering adhering those plastic
sliders before I deliver it. She has an area rug in the dining room. Maybe
I should apply a few coats of wipe-on poly to seal the end grain before
attaching the sliders. Thoughts?