Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default UHD TV or monitor? - X-post

In uk.d-i-y David wrote:
The reviews can be interesting but I tend to discount the "wonderful" ones
and look for the thoughtful and informed low star ratings. Not "broken on
delivery" but comments about network connectivity, display lag and the
like.

I'd read some real reviews from people who test them, not random postings by
people who don't have another TV to compare.

https://www.rtings.com/
is good for that, although they cover models on the American market and they
don't all translate.

Should I ignore the LCD screens and just go for LED/OLED? Or doesn't it
make much difference when using as a monitor?

LED *is* LCD. It's just an LED backlight rather than another kind (CCFL
most likely). The display technology is still LCD. They aren't a big
difference - and most of today's 'LCD' screens actually have LED backlights
anyway.

OLED has individual polymer LEDs deposited on the surface. More contrastly,
but way more expensive and some questions about pixel burn in (especially
relevant for a monitor).

Theo