Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Consumer unit circuit ordering

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:59:25 -0600, Jeff Phillips wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 08:55:53 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

6A 30mA RCBO Smoke Alarms

I would always put them on a lights circuit, then you'll notice if that
circuit trips fairly quickly (and get it fixed). Similarly for a
freezer.

Hmm... yes - that sounds a good idea. The smoke alarms have battery
backup but of course that would only become apparent after some time,
and the missing power LED would unlikely be noticed.

I put them on a dedicated circuit, but also include a non-maintained
emergency light halfway down the stairs (at eye level as you descend, on
the edge of the landing floor if you see what I mean).

That will give some light to the stairs, and both floors, in case of a
power failure, while also alerting you to a trip at other times.