Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Old cottage to retiree apartment.

It also depends on where it is, what the local rules are on development an
what neighbours, if any think, as it seems a very popular thing around here
to flatten bungalows, put up three storey flats and then live in one with
income from the others.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K.." wrote in message
Mike Halmarack Wrote in message:
My wife and I are 2 thirds of a trio living in a dilapidated cottage
with a large garden.
We're all around retirement age and have decided we want to sell up
and get minimal apartments designed for post retirees.
Our children and grandchildren are living in Canada, so we'd also like
to have the wherewithal to continue visiting them for as long as we're
able.

Short of doing any demolishing and rebuilding of the property myself,
I'd like to maximise the financial benefits of this project by taking
such things as planning permission applications as far as I can before
any heavy lifting starts.

Though it will be necessary to engage some professional help in
achieving this. I'd like to avoid the mistake of employing more
experts than are necessary to this end.

Can the good people of the newsgroup please suggest the type of
professional expert I should approach to most effectively cover our
needs in this endeavour?

I realise that there may be more appropriate newsgroups than this for
my question but uk.d-i-y has been pretty central to my past interests
and I have a lot of respect for the general expertise of it's members.
So, TIA.

Decent & independent planning consultant ?
Do some interviewing, ask about, there are many levels of
"expertise" from mere technical drawers up, you don't want a
numpty.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----