Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Jaimie Vandenbergh Jaimie Vandenbergh is offline

Default UHD TV or monitor? - X-post

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:50:50 +0000, Paul Welsh
wrote:

On 16/02/2019 22:22, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

Make sure the TV has a PC mode or a Game mode, which switches off all
the telly's fancy image processing brains and just passes the signal
through, or it'll look awful.

Are there LCD TV's that don't have such a mode.

Every LCD TV I have bought has had a computer mode, even if I had to
spend some time googling to find it.

Same here, but I buy 2nd-tier-from-last-year tellies so they are always
fully features. Supermarket low end ones sometimes have no such obvious
options, I've met at least two without even a 1:1 pixel mapping mode -
mandatory overscan. Mad. I mean sure, you can probably google up the
engineer menu on those too, but it's a PITA.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future"
- Niels Bohr