Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default UHD TV or monitor? - X-post

Rod Speed wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
David wrote:

I am assuming that the screen used for a TV and a monitor is probably
from
the same production run - but I could be wrong.

I was looking at replacing two monitors with a single UHD monitor (which
would have to be at least 32" to give me the same combined screen size)
and I cross checked with TVs.

32" UHD monitors seem to come in around £350, see
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LU3...ra-Monitor/dp/
B07BVXGBHT?
but 40" TVs come in much the same, see
https://ao.com/product/ue40nu7120-samsung-nu7000-tv-
charcoal-57593-108.aspx
although I note that this one is A rated.

So is a TV an interesting alternative to a monitor? It has other built in
services although you can obviously get these through the PC as well.

Or do monitors have higher quality displays for the same price?

One theory is that suppliers sell more UHD TVs than UHD monitors so there
might be more bargains around. Certainly not a "gaming" premium.

Yes, I'm bored and my credit card is itching.

Cheers

I don't know if you're planning to use a 40" TV, but I don't think
you'll find a smaller one. We had to use a monitor because we don't
want a TV bigger than 32".

Aldi has sold some of the smaller ones here this year.

But were they 4k UHD? And were they in the UK?

--

Roger Hayter