Mark or Sue

Default Calculating window heat loss

"Duane Morin" wrote in message
om...
So I just put all new Harvey windows in my house, thinking that it
would cause a noticeable improvement in my heating. I'm disappointed.
Specifically I have this one small room with three windows (corner
room) and despite the fact that the thermostat is 6ft outside this
room reading 71, the room itself reads about 67-68.
Worse, I walked my thermometer over to a window and it dropped to 62.

So my natural question is, is there a way that I can tell my windows
have been installed properly and working as efficiently as they're
supposed to? Is that much of a degree change expected? We've had
some cold weather up here (Massachusetts) lately, but I wouldn't call
it extreme -- 20's to 30's mostly.

I think it's gotta be a heat loss thing (as opposed to not heating the
room enough, for instance) beacuse on a warmer day the thermostat read
72 and the room also read 72. So the differential seems to go up on
cold days.

I do get condensation on the windows sometimes, but it's a baby's
nursery and we often have a humidifier running so I'm assuming that's
normal. There is no condensation between the panes in the window.

What type of window did you have before (single or double pane)? What is the U value of the new
windows (should be a label on it somewhere)? Are they low-E?

--
Mark
Kent, WA