Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using my new grill

On 2/16/2019 2:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:00:16 -0600, "ChairMan" no
wrote:

Aaron does the same test in another video. I noticed he(Troy) over wrapped
with the paper, ya don't need 2 layers.

I noticed it too. In a prior or post video I think he mentioned to
only wrap one layer of pink butcher paper.

I've tried all but foil and I like the butcher paper results best.It breaths
and in my experience helps make for a better bark. Foil tends to steam the
meat like Ed said.

When the meat goes into a stall, the cheat is how they try to get past
it. A stall could add hours onto the cook (probe tender). In a
competition say. They have a turn in time. It's why they cheat :-)

Specified time is probably the biggest hurdle with competition no matter
what you are making. Ribs or chicken can get dried out, if done too
early. At home, you just eat a little earlier or later, not a big deal.

Brisket I start about 10 PM to have it ready for the following
afternoon. Fairly simple rub of salt, lots of black pepper, garlic
powder, brown sugar.