Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Battery testing

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
idual.net:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:58:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

I would thing the no-load voltage is a poor indication of likely life.
Am I right?

For a mains powered panel:

If the mains supply is still on, he's measuring the charging voltage
- pointless.

If the mains is off, he measuring the voltage under load. If he's
measures it immediatly after the mains is switched off and again 10
mins later the difference will give a reasonable indication of the
state of the battery.

For the sensors they take very little energy, what are the batteries?
Tewrminal voltage might be good enough. I'd assume that there is some
method that gives a low battery warning for a given sensor.

CR123 BATTERIES - in the sensors.