Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Walnut Root Ball

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 9:14:38 AM UTC-6, dpb wrote:

Well, turns out you really didn't want/care about other opinions,
anyway, ... just hoping to justify taking advantage of a situation.

well, yes I did want/care for opinions. If someone is familiar with both lawn/residence root balls as opposed to forest root balls, then a comparative opinion can be given. And based on those pros and con opinions I asked about a value.

I said I worked with one root ball. Actually, I've worked with two. I didn't have to buy them. They were on our property. I had/have no idea as to a reasonable cost for the root ball.

To some extent, I did want to validate my opinions and cost, but I didn't want to insult the lady, either, who I suspect is somewhat unknowing. I didn't have in mind to use her lack of knowledge, to acquire the ball for free.. I would want the ball for free if it has serious damage, defects, metal, yet pay a gratuity fee for their work to dig it up.

Your collective opinions allows me to further evaluate reasonable money options for me and for the lady. That was my aim.

Sometimes I don't always say, appropriately, all that I'm thinking, as I type, to be clear with what I'm trying to learn or figure out. That's why I come here and ask you guys and girls for help.

Sincerely.
Sonny