Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Does a CU on a sub-main need an integral isolator switch?

On 16/02/2019 10:03, Robin wrote:
On 16/02/2019 09:40, ARW wrote:

https://www.hager.co.uk/news-exhibit...rcbo/72306.htm

are good. I just called one of my wholesalers and I would pay £27 inc
VAT for them. TLC do them for £28.14 inc VAT.

If you want cheaper then CPC do ProElec RCBOs for about £18 and a main
switch CU with 19 spare ways for £50.

I have fitted ProElec and was happy with it.

And the mainswitch need not be part of the board. Although personally
it would IMHO be silly not to buy one without a main switch.

Any views pl. on the Contactum range which I saw from TLC's email last
week they are doing for £16 incl VAT?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CPDD141MS.html

Asking only 'cos I've long thought I ought to replace the CU with all
RCBOs "when their price comes down" and wonder if I've now run out of
excuse.

I would say avoid.

Now I had forgotten about TLC when looking for prices.

TLC are doing the BG reduced height RCBOs for £15.72

I have never had a problem with BG CUs.

--
Adam