Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Frustrated DIY person

Hmm, one does have o be careful though. the cops do not like you carrying
screwdrivers in your pockets I find. I imagine its all the stabbings that
have been in the news. Which reminds me my screwdriver cosy for the sharp
end has yet again vanished....
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On 15/02/2019 13:32, DerbyBorn wrote:
Do you ever go to a public place and wish you could fix something before
it
gets worse? Just been to a hospital.

Powered doors that have worn the hinges and the door is rubbing on the
floor.

Press down taps that don't progressively close and dribble from the top.

"Doors Closing" voice in lifts unclear - surely not a tape recording!

Nursing staff unable to wind up cables tidily.

Yes - I am a sad git who takes a screwdriver on holiday with me and a
spare
washer for between the shower head and hose as they usually leak.

Wherever I go I usually have a couple of small screwdrivers, some hex keys
and for some odd reason a drum key in my bag. Perhaps I'm hoping I'll be
at a gig and someone will call over the PA is there a guitar tech in the
house?

Ironically it's the drum key that's most often used: it's the right size
for bleeding radiator valves.

Nick