Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default I found 3 old violins & a coffin case...

I'd have thought the Police might be who to ask on that one. You know having
led a sheltered life, I have never heard of a fretted Violin.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jon Fairbairn" wrote in message
writes:

...last week, abandoned.

https://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30377...w/violins2.JPG

The bottom one has a label inside, says 1939 copy
of Savart's Trapezoid (orig. made in 1820).
The top one looks like an experimental fantasy.

It's a practice violin: no sounding board, so quiet.

It's the middle one that looks like a real antique,
but the neck looks more like a guitar until you get
to the head.

Fretted violins are not particularly rare, but that one does
look odd.

I wonder whether they are all part of a theft, dumped because
they would be too hard to sell?

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2014-04-05)