Posted to uk.d-i-y
2987fr 2987fr is offline

Default Finding a desktop PC with minimum bloatware

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/02/2019 19:26, 2987fr wrote:

Yawn. How can I answer the phone on a computer with no microphone?

Its the usual story. Apple - a company making products I never knew I
didnt want and certainly don't need.

Actually, no one needs a smartphone,

But anyone with a clue has noticed how convenient they are.

and I regret that we've got them.

There will always be some luddites. Same with stupid phones
and with landline phones too.

I've stopped using mine for mail and taken the Twitter app off. Nothing
that's left is actually vital- unlike the desktop machine.

It isnt about vital, its actually about what is convenient.

Just today I could communicate with someone who had
a misleading label on some bottles of wine she is selling
on one of the facebook buy swap sell groups. It was handy
to clear up the confusing labelling while I was out in the
car and I could have picked them up when out already
if the labelling had been accurate.

If the windows people here want to do something that's actually *useful*,
they can go to www.iletter.org.uk and test the newly released Win version
of my email client.

Doesnt do instant messaging. The world's moved on, again.

I quite often MMS a picture of something that is for sale at
a garage sale to a mate of mine who isnt there and buy it
for him when he says that he wants it. He does the same thing
for me. And send videos when its more than one item too.

Useless to do it with a camera and send it when I have
got home again and have to go out to buy it for him if
he wants it and find that someone else has bought it.