New & Improved - N/F John

Default Calculating window heat loss

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Duane Morin wrote:
So I just put all new Harvey windows in my house, thinking that it
would cause a noticeable improvement in my heating. I'm disappointed.
Specifically I have this one small room with three windows (corner
room) and despite the fact that the thermostat is 6ft outside this
room reading 71, the room itself reads about 67-68.
Worse, I walked my thermometer over to a window and it dropped to 62.

I am not sure what you were expecting. First, what were those number
before the new windows? Second I would not really expect much if any
difference. If the windows are working, they will let less heat escape.
With less heat escaping from your home, the thermostat will call for less
heat, and your home will stay at the SAME temperature as before, but you
will use less energy keeping it that way.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

That's a good thought. The new windows could reduce drafts as well, but he
made no mention of drafts.