Hamilton Audio

Default house rebuilt year

we had a similar issue...the house listed as 1978, but all windows labelled
as 1984. Furnace is 1984 too...during the
requisite lawyer signings, I noticed something...the home was listed as
1978, but original permits were in 1969!! Turns
out that there was another house here, and a bunch of stuff happened "in
between" sans permit. local neighbours confirm
that a much smaller house "used to be here", and to avoid complication, a
single part of the foundation was left original
and built "around" to avoid needing permits....apparently it was possible
back then!

I had an appraiser cornered and ran this by him...he agreed to take a look
at the house quickly (family friend) and let me know....
he didn't even get inside the house and told me it was worth every penny and
more of what I paid, no matter the age. Local
neighborhood, quality, etc were all too high to even think of starting
litigation to get back some money....

I guess being surrounded by $300K homes does well, doesn't it?? If the
house is "the one", and its right in every other
way...have it thoroughly inspected and looked over. if its got a clean bill
of health, who cares? I know I don't...

"art" wrote in message
Walk away. You'll never be happy...you'll always be suspicious, you'll
always feel screwed over. Why bother. Is this the only house for sale in

the
area where you live? Why are you pursuing it? Go buy another house. The

age
of the house is meaningless. Where I live there are plenty of 100 year old
houses that sell for over a million dollars while new houses sell for 500

800K. Age has nothing to do with anything. Get a competent building
inspector if you must have this house and only this house out of all the
houses in the universe. The inspector can pretty much figure out what was
changed. You sound like a person who thrives on aggravation and drama.

"Philip" wrote in message
om...
With the money you have on the table, it is time to discuss your
concerns with your lawyer. That what you paying him for.

As a sanity check, in my town houses are torn down regularly with the
foundations being reuse. Why? In my town, if you keep the orginal
foundation it is consider a remodeling job for permit purposes. The
resulting houses sell for 700K-1.5 million. I don't think the 100 year
old foundation is hurting the price. But ever town is different.

Also, in my state, you have to declare known defects. I doubt a old
foundation in sound condition is considered a defect. If you are
really worried and still want the house, have it check out by a
structure engineer. If you want out of your contract, it could be a
reason. If you are just trying to get a lower price, you can try but
you also run the risk of the seller walking away.

(Djavdet) wrote in message

. com...
Hi every one.
I have a question,
We are trying to buy a house and everything was good enough so far but
recently we found that house has an older foundation then structure
itself.
Seller did not disclose that fact and listed the house as '85 but
foundation is older , like '69.
So does anybody know whether the seller is supposed to disclose such
information and what's gonna happen if he did not? I mean , should we
be warried about it or just forget it?
Yeah everything is happening in NH
Please advise
Thanks