Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_9_] ChairMan[_9_] is offline

Default Using my new grill

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/15/2019 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 00:18:15 -0600, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Brisket is my nemesis right now. I need to do a whole
packer one day.
Then I'd have the flat and the point at the same time.

Speaking of price -- Lobels of NY meat

https://www.lobels.com/usda-prime-beef-brisket/p/UPBRSK

Damn!

Low and slow. Kosher salt, COARSE black pepper, little
garlic powder, 225-250°
until internal temp about 170-175, wrap in unwaxed butcher
paper until 200-205 or when the probe slides in like butter

Watch a few of Aaron Franklin videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...anklin+brisket

or this guy, Todd David he owns and runs my favorite joint
here in Big D and I can testify on how good his stuff is. He
makes all his own sausage and makes wagyu bologna that is
excellent as well as KILLER pastrami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeJj2OFAxk4

Leave in paper and wrap in towel and let rest in ice
chest(no ice) for at least an hour

If interested, Troy does a test for wrapping brisket. Naked, foil and
butcher paper.... side by side comparison. 16 minute video. He also
is in Austin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYtR5MPZc4

I never wrapped. I want BBQ brisket, not steamed meat. I choked when
he said you have to add broth to a different grade of brisket. We're
not making pot roast. Consensus of the better pit-masters is that
foil is a crutch.

I guess for tasting purposes he cut it OK, but I always separate the
point from the flat after cooking. The grain is crossed and they
should be cut in opposite directions.

No question foil is a crutch, i don't think butcher paper is in the same
catagory