Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Battery testing

On 15/02/2019 14:58, DerbyBorn wrote:
For some reasone I have a Burglar Alarm serviced every year - it is
wireless.

The guy usually puts a voltmeter on the various batteries and usually
declares them okay for another year.

I would thing the no-load voltage is a poor indication of likely life. Am I
right?

I frequently test batteries for mobility scooters.I've found that a no
load voltage test isn't much help. I therefore do a discharge test. It
doesn't actually take long for a poor battery to reveal itself. But in
the case of alarms I would be inclined to replace routinely every three
years.

Bill