Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I found 3 old violins & a coffin case...

On 15/02/2019 10:30, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
writes:

...last week, abandoned.

https://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30377...w/violins2.JPG

The bottom one has a label inside, says 1939 copy
of Savart's Trapezoid (orig. made in 1820).
The top one looks like an experimental fantasy.

Its a practice violin: no sounding board, so quiet.

It's the middle one that looks like a real antique,
but the neck looks more like a guitar until you get
to the head.

Fretted violins are not particularly rare, but that one does
look odd.

Looks more like an instrument designed to be strummed, not bowed.

Its not easy to tell but the fretboard looks FLAT.

Thr boottom one looks more like a lute...

I wonder whether they are all part of a theft, dumped because
they would be too hard to sell?

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell