Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Frustrated DIY person

In article , Nick Odell
wrote:
On 15/02/2019 13:32, DerbyBorn wrote:
Do you ever go to a public place and wish you could fix something
before it gets worse? Just been to a hospital.

Powered doors that have worn the hinges and the door is rubbing on the
floor.

Press down taps that don't progressively close and dribble from the top.

"Doors Closing" voice in lifts unclear - surely not a tape recording!

Nursing staff unable to wind up cables tidily.

Yes - I am a sad git who takes a screwdriver on holiday with me and a
spare washer for between the shower head and hose as they usually leak.

Wherever I go I usually have a couple of small screwdrivers, some hex
keys and for some odd reason a drum key in my bag. Perhaps I'm hoping
I'll be at a gig and someone will call over the PA is there a guitar
tech in the house?

Ironically it's the drum key that's most often used: it's the right size
for bleeding radiator valves.

My key ring has an MK key switch key on it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England