Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMW on Motorway??

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
In fact it went beyond that as well - the temeperature gauge was always
once warmed up EXACTLY in the dial ceter even when the warning lights
for overheating gearox came on!

Bosch engine management does this on lots of makes. The gauge isn't
showing true coolant temperature at all. Stays exactly on 'the mark' over
a wide range of normal coolant temps. Ideal for those who can't understand
the true coolant temperature can vary due to driving conditions.
A BMW I had allowed you to read true engine temp via the OBC display - if
you knew how to do it.

However, that same BMW had an air to fluid transmission cooler. So no
reason the coolant temperature gauge should show the transmission
overheating.

--
*I have my own little world - but it's OK...they know me here*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.