Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default Using my new grill

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:06:27 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 2/14/2019 1:46 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 19:44:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

wrote:

I mentioned my new grill was delivered. Today we got
is assembled
and hooked to the gas line. Burned off the oils and
made dinner.
The potatoes were really good.

This morning I made a few slices of bacon for
breakfast. Fried
eggs in the fat and then left the pan. I was going to
clean it
but though,
maybe i can use the bacon fat.

For dinner I made pork tenderloins on the grill. To go
with it, I
though grilled potatoes would be good. I took a few
golden
potatoes, pierced them with a fork, nuked them for six
minutes and
heated the grill.

I cut the potatoes in half, brushed both sides with the
bacon fat
and placed them cut size down on a medium hot grill.
The other
side got the pork tenderloins.

The spuds got a little crispy on the cut side, turned
them over a
few minutes, then they were ready same time as the
meat. A little
butter, a little salt, damn, they were good.

Good for you Ed. Have you found a good butcher shop for
quality
meat and a good fish monger, if you like seafood?

I'll let you know soon. I just went this morning to
Detwilers, a
local small chain of farm stores. I bought a rib eye
roast for
Sunday. I got some good cod there last visit. Fresh as
when I
lived in New England.

It is an evil store. Went in there couple of weeks ago
just to get
some oranges and ended up spending $87. Today was over
$200. They
have fill packer briskets too!. Next time.

Brisket is my nemesis right now. I need to do a whole
packer one day.
Then I'd have the flat and the point at the same time.

Speaking of price -- Lobels of NY meat

https://www.lobels.com/usda-prime-beef-brisket/p/UPBRSK

Damn!

Low and slow. Kosher salt, COARSE black pepper, little
garlic powder, 225-250°
until internal temp about 170-175, wrap in unwaxed butcher
paper until 200-205 or when the probe slides in like butter

Watch a few of Aaron Franklin videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...anklin+brisket

or this guy, Todd David he owns and runs my favorite joint
here in Big D and I can testify on how good his stuff is. He
makes all his own sausage and makes wagyu bologna that is
excellent as well as KILLER pastrami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeJj2OFAxk4

Leave in paper and wrap in towel and let rest in ice
chest(no ice) for at least an hour