Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 21:39:40 +0000, ARW wrote:

The standard of driving on the M1 South of Luton is probably some of the
worst motorway driving I have seen in the UK.

Hum, was down at Milton Keynes and Nottingham last year, thought the
M1 driving was much better than the M6/M61 south of Preston. That's
abit further north I think but the picture of a dragon obscures the
map.

The M1 is mostly "smart motorway" and even without the variable speed
limit in operation everyone one was doing 70 and reasonably well
spaced out. Presumably because some of the VSL gantries also have
ordinary speed cameras bolted on the side...

The M6/M61 is not "smart motorway" and no speed cameras. Any time
near the rush and you'll have cars doing 80+ mph, two car lengths
apart.

The M61 is only 20 miles long, time difference between *average*
speeds of 65 and 75, is a mere 2' 27". Do people really time their
commute so finely? Hitting a couple sets of lights on red instead of
green will add that sort of time...

two feet twenty seven inches ???