Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default fischertechnic

On 13/02/2019 16:41, model builder wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:42:23 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Here is the text OCRed and fed through translate:

[snip]

Fischer-Werke €¢ 7241 Tumlingen-Waldach Valley Printed in W.-Germany ?
Art. 6 39158 5 Changes reserved (1)

Excellent - many thanks.

Could you say exactly what you used to get that please?

I went to the URL someone posted:

https://ft-datenbank.de/ft-article/1232

Right clicked a PDF and saved it to a file. Opened that in Abbyy Fine
Reader and OCRd it. Output that in plain text to the clipboard, then
went to translate.google.com and pasted it in. Posted the translation as
above.

I was interested in the use of the contact strips - there are 2 strips of metal
about 3mm wide down each of the four sides of the unit.

The laterally arranged contact
strips are used for looping through "+" and in electronic circuits. In
each case, a red intermediate plug must be inserted between the housing
of the electronic components. There is no direct connection of the "+"
and contact strips to the terminals of the built-in relay.

Must admit - I'm not much the wiser about them - I think that you can attach
other units to the relay box - and then electrically connect them in some way -
I am unsure why.

It looks like the box is designed to interlock with adjacent similar boxes:

https://ft-datenbank.de/binary/2318

I would guess there is no electrical connectivity other than via fly
leads though.

--
Cheers,

John.