Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Bodywork

In article ,
wrote:
Winston Churchill scrapped the road fund in 1937 for the very reason
that car drivers would see themselves as being more entitled than a
pedestrian or horse rider to use the roads. Sadly, this myth still
persists 80 years later.

Exactly my point.

Cyclists want dedicated cycle lanes on roads.

IME that's the last thing I/they want - more dedicated tracks away from
roads. Most UK roads were never built for cycle lanes, and painting a
'lane' on the tarmac doesn't work.

Which means they think
themselves more entitled to use that road than others.

I don't think it's entitled in the sense you mean - just common sense
dividing up of different traffic for safety, efficiency and convenience.

--
Cheers, Rob