Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Finding a desktop PC with minimum bloatware

On 14/02/2019 10:25, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Page
wrote:

Our desktop PC is showing signs of senility - it's running Windows XP
from
which you can tell that it's well past it's use-by date.Â*Â* We still
use it as
a file and backup server and for occasional word processing and
spreadsheet
work, but don't need high performance.

There seem to be quite a number of machines costing up to £350 that look
suitable, from brands like Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Packard-Bell, etc.

From experience in buying laptops in recent years, I think the main
deciding
factor may be how much bloatware is pre-installed but it's hard to
assess that
from vendors descriptions or reviews.Â* Does anyone have experience of
which
brands are least infested, or on which it's easiest to remove all the
junk?

Yes, it's called a Mac. No bloatware at all.

I'll bite.

Which Mac is "costing up to £350"?

Andy