Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Which 'scope?

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, wrote:

I have decided to shop around for a couple new oscilloscopes. Most
likely one new and one used. Even though I like the Tek 465B the thing
is a tank. It is big and heavy and hard to lug around. And the cord
keepers/feet on the back of the unit have started to fall apart. The
plastic has gotten weak and brittle. So the 465B needs to stay on its
roll around stand.

The 465 is a tank?

The 545 is a tank. It was working the last time I used it, but I mostly
gave up on using it because it wasn't convenient, it took up too much
space, and I couldn't move it around because it was heavy and big.

I had the use of a 455 (I think it was) in the seventies, and that thing
was way more portable.

Michael