Des Perado

Default Under Cabinet Lights

We have those lights too. Wish I had never seen them. They play hell
with every radio (AM band) in the house when they are lit.
Des

"Neal Wessler" wrote in message
om...
A few years ago I installed a set of 5 "under cabinet" halogen light
fixtures. These are the 12v 20 watt variety.

This week two of the 5 lights became inoperative - I suppose they
"burnt out". I had two new unopened 12v 20 w halogens, that I
installed in place of the burned out lamps. When I turned on the
power, NONE of the 5 lights would turn on. I removed the "new"

lamps,
leaving 2 vacant sockets - and when turning on power, the three
original lamps turned on. I took one of the "good" lamps and placed

in
it the socket that previously had one of the burned out bulbs, it
worked fine. I went to the hardware store and purchased another

fresh
12v 20w halogen...tried it.....no luck....same as before, all 5

lights
were out.

I note that the transformer indicates 12v......I also measured about
12v ac at the sockets.
I did not handle the bulbs with bare fingers.

I'M STUMPED........anyone have any idea of what's going on here?
Any troubleshooting suggestions?

thanx
=neal=