Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Finding a desktop PC with minimum bloatware

Yes but if you are looking for a bare bones then you can just as easily put
on a clean windows install.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
On 14/02/2019 10:25, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Page
wrote:

Our desktop PC is showing signs of senility - it's running Windows XP
from
which you can tell that it's well past it's use-by date. We still use it
as
a file and backup server and for occasional word processing and
spreadsheet
work, but don't need high performance.

There seem to be quite a number of machines costing up to £350 that look
suitable, from brands like Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Packard-Bell, etc.

From experience in buying laptops in recent years, I think the main
deciding
factor may be how much bloatware is pre-installed but it's hard to
assess that
from vendors descriptions or reviews. Does anyone have experience of
which
brands are least infested, or on which it's easiest to remove all the
junk?

Yes, it's called a Mac. No bloatware at all.

All bloatware.

Try Linux.