Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Finding a desktop PC with minimum bloatware

On 14/02/2019 10:24, Clive Page wrote:
Our desktop PC is showing signs of senility - it's running Windows XP
from which you can tell that it's well past it's use-by date.Â*Â* We still
use it as a file and backup server and for occasional word processing
and spreadsheet work, but don't need high performance.

There seem to be quite a number of machines costing up to £350 that look
suitable, from brands like Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Packard-Bell, etc.

From experience in buying laptops in recent years, I think the main
deciding factor may be how much bloatware is pre-installed but it's hard
to assess that from vendors descriptions or reviews.Â* Does anyone have
experience of which brands are least infested, or on which it's easiest
to remove all the junk?

https://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

I have no idea if that is any good?