Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bodywork

In article ,
wrote:
Wonder if they ignore the highway code as regularly when driving their car?

Like this lot, you mean?

It is oh so easy to bait cyclists. Probably because they know so many are
guilty as charged.

Definitely. On a typical drive to work, early in the morning, I might
see half a dozen cyclists and of that group, one will be riding
properly, on the road, with lights and maybe even with light coloured or
reflective clothing, while the others will be unlit, wearing dark
clothing, swinging on and off pavements, riding on the wrong side of the
road and ignoring traffic lights that have been red for some time. I may
also see a few cars with one light out, continuing just as the lights
change or speeding a little, but that is out of thousands.

Cyclists (I do ride myself, although not as often as I might) are
generally so poor at obeying the rules and even at taking reasonable
precautions for themselves, that the few that are sensible stand out and
are worthy of remark.

The worst I have seen is a cyclist, on a dark night, dressed in black,
with no lights, with no hands on the handlebars, riding out of a
side-street onto a main road, without looking and busy texting on his phone!

SteveW