Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Magnetron question

On 2/13/2019 10:43 AM, technowb wrote:
Mr. Wieck don't you think this one falls into "hideously expensive to replace"?
Given that a luxury microwave oven costs around 300‚¬ and this one costs more than 700, I'd say it does.. there are almost no more expensive combi ovens in the market: other cheaper ovens I owned lasted 15 years and such.

I would be happy to buy another one and avoid complications, but I cannot afford it, and I am trying to understand the implications of the choice to self-repair it.
I know that there may be serious injuries ahead, that's why I am gathering informations here and there before taking any further step..
Thank you

I haven't heard a convincing argument that the magnetron is the problem.
How did you verify that?