Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Magnetron question

In article ,
says...

It's a built-in big "luxury" model that still costs around 700¤ new: it broke too early in my opinion because it was always been used following the rules (I am sure of that, It's my oven.. )

The official tech support said that I would need to buy a new one because they can't find the magnetron, but I cannot afford another expense of that kind* - in particular for a product that can't be repaired after too little time..

I think that unless I find the same exact magnetron I will go for the suggested alternative, at least It's worth a try.*

As that is an expensive microwave, you may be able to look around and
find another inexpensive modle that uses the same tube. Maybe even in a
recycle or thrift store for a used one.