Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

"ARW" wrote in message
news
I have also had a couple of phone calls about me undertaking on a 50 MPH
dual carriageway on the way to work. I have flown past the other vehicles
with my van set at a true 50MPH. This is always where the fixed speed
camera is and they slow down to 40 MPH or less.

I've lost count of the number of times that I've been following other
traffic that is all doing under the speed limit, and yet one of them *still*
slams the anchors on dangerously hard when they see a police car that might
be looking for speeding drivers. Many drivers seem to think that they must
brake even if they are nowhere near exceeding the speed limit.

Probably the same people that slow down as they approach the back end of a
lorry that they are about to overtake, crawl past the lorry at maybe 2 mph
faster than it and then accelerate away as soon as they have passed its cab.
I prefer to spend as little (rather than as much) time alongside a lorry, in
case it happens to pull out without looking - especially if it's an LHD
lorry.