Posted to sci.electronics.repair
technowb technowb is offline

Default Magnetron question

Thank you guys, in this case it should be worth to repair it since the oven is 5 years old and in pretty good conditions: the only issue is with microwaves features, but it still works as an oven with grill.Â*

It's a built-in big "luxury" model that still costs around 700‚¬ new: it broke too early in my opinion because it was always been used following the rules (I am sure of that, It's my oven.. )

The official tech support said that I would need to buy a new one because they can't find the magnetron, but I cannot afford another expense of that kindÂ* - in particular for a product that can't be repaired after too little time..

I think that unless I find the same exact magnetron I will go for the suggested alternative, at least It's worth a try.Â*

Do you know what would happen if the alternative is a wrong option?Â*

Would I risk frying inverter module or something else?Â*

Given the price of the spare parts I could also think of selling those to buy a new one "with some discount".

Thank you again