Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

No idea about how what you heard really makes any sense. If you could not
drive them on a motorway, what would be the point of making them.

I could understand it if they offered her a half track military armoured car
as a replacement, last time I looked you could not use them on a motorway.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Overheard someone talking to someone that was going to supply her a
temporary vehicle. She was very concerned that the car should be at least a
2.0 as she intends to dive on the motorway.

I assume they offered a beemer, because she said

"I don't know anything about BMW's I drive a Jaguar.
I don't know if they can be driven on the motorway."

How the other half lives! I used to take my 1.0 Metros from London to
Preston & back on the motorway on a regular basis (leaving Jaguars and BMs
eating my lead!)