Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default which new washing machine-to DIY instead of dumping when it breaks.

We have had a number of Bosch appliances and the as some have already pointed out the exploded diagrams on their website and the ability to get spare parts from them often cheaper than some of the so called discount part suppliers is a big plus. Our latest WM is a Bosch replacing a Siemens of 15+ years although the same manufacturer the Siemens was a much better build quality at least from the structural parts which tended to be much thicker metal whether the electrical components were any different than other machines they produce I do not know but until the last breakdown the only thing I had replaced were worn out brushes despite domestic management using it every second day. The part that failed was the main electronic board and being one of the most expensive parts SWAMBO felt that with its age and the possibility of further expensive repairs down the line to go for new. Quality wise the new machine is like comparing a Panzer 1 to a Tiger tank and I still have a little niggle in my mind about should we have chanced the repair.

Richard