Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default which new washing machine-to DIY instead of dumping when itbreaks.

On 12/02/2019 23:50, Pamela wrote:
On 23:08 12 Feb 2019, Steve Walker wrote:

On 12/02/2019 21:07, alan_m wrote:

Miele doesnt come with bells and whistles. It comes with - gasp SHOCK
ABSORBERS. Everty washing machine needs them. Only Miele fit them...

I took apart my previous machine, a cheap Hotpoint, and that had shock
absorbers.

If more modern machines don't have them, as you indicate, and they don't
bounce all over the kitchen then perhaps they don't need them. Most(all)
machines these days have methods of attempting to balance loads for the
spin cycle.

Our Hotpoint sometimes jumps forward 4 or 5" after bouncing off the wall
and the tumble dryer when a spin starts.

Wow. Must be a sight to see.

It certainly makes you jump at times!

I do keep meaning to install a wooden strip across the floor to keep the
dishwasher, tumble dryer and washing machine in a straight line -
meanwhile we just keep pushing them back.

SteveW