Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default which new washing machine-to DIY instead of dumping when itbreaks.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:49:36 -0800, misterroy wrote:

Time has arrived for a new washing machine.
Any advice as to which one to get so that it can be fixed when it starts
to age?

Answering your actual question, which wasn't about working life but about
easy to DIY fix...

I have a lot of Bosch stuff. I have never had trouble getting spare parts
(directly from Bosch in 48 hours usually).

Their website has useful exploded diagrams and parts lists, too. If
necessary one can then Google the part number and get the part elsewhere,
although I seldom bother.

I have gone for the upmarket models in each case (Logixx). First Bosch
dishwasher lasted 13-15 years (I forget exactly) and whatever failed
eventually wasn't economic to repair (well, it was, just, but by that
time...)

Most of the other Bosch kit has required little, although I had to
replace the pump on the washing machine because I hadn't cleaned the
gunge out of it and then I couldn't get the pump undone because of that.
I do now have a spare, used, pump though.

The coffee machine just developed a minor fault (down to me again). New
part on its way, although the fault now seems to have corrected itself!