Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on hot water supply dying..

On 11/02/2019 23:35, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:56:25 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

And not 100% sure the softener is working though it feels like it when
soaping hands...

Can you get some water before it's gone through the softner? And
compare with water that has. Hard water and soap (proper bar soap
not a detergent hand wash) will be reluctant to lather up and will
tend form a scum in hard water.

yeah. I have one inside and one outside tap that are unsoftened.

I managed to feel behind the unit, and the bypass is closed allright, so
water miust be going through it,

It IS using salt, but at about 1/5th the level it used to.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly