Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tree removal

wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 21:06:37 -0600, philo wrote:

On 2/9/19 11:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was going to hire the guys in the first video, but he is expensive. I
can save 50 bucks if I get one of the guys in the second one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0bMU3hOzY

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0BLsYR...toplay=1&rel=0

Stole this from another group.

I've done some dumb things in my life but on the two times I've needed a
tree trimmed or removed...hired a pro.

I am certainly not climbing up in a tree or standing on a ladder with
a chain saw but I do feel pretty good on an articulated lift so I can
be above the limb I am cutting and it falls away from the machine.

Thats fine with limbs, but its not so easy with the main
vertical trunk where you have to be where the cut is made
and have a much heavier chunk of wood falling away
even if you do cut it in small chunks like you say next.

You still want to take little bites at it. Like my
Mexican guy said, you have to cut it up anyway.