Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

In article ,
says...

The other two are the Medical profession and lawyers.

That's totally false. There are all millions of all kinds of medical
professionals and lawyers in the market, that are competitors.

I did not mean it was a manopoloy by strict definition.

Say I want to open up a business to repair TV sets. All I have to do is
go to the court house and fill out a few forms and open up my business.

If I want to be a lawyer, I have to do all sorts of things. Go to
school (can't learn law by myself), pass a law exam and probably
many other things. Same with the doctors. Notice that then have never
advertised the prices. Maybe the are now. Say I have a broken bone,
can I look on the internet and see how much it will cost ? no. I think
I may have the flu. Can I look in the news paper and see any prices for
a doctor, no.

About the same with lawyers. Say I want a lawyer to go to court for a
trafic ticket. How do I find out how much it will cost for a lawyer? I
bet that if I called around thew would all be the same.

The medical schools only let in so many people each year to be doctors
and nurses. I remember when the machines to 'blast' the kindey stones
first came out. They would not let the local hospital have one because
it would make the treatment cost come down due to competition.

I read a book MANY years ago called: "The Screwing of the Average Man"
written by someone I cannot recall. He called these organizations 'guilds'
and the actions you describe as 'occupational birth control'. Got too many
lawyers - make the tests harder, etc. Someone stole the copy I had. Another
was called: "Unreliable Sources" about the 'news' industry. These are about
50 years old but still applicable to today.

--
Tekkie