Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

wrote in message
On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 2:50:06 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 02/09/2019 10:17 PM, wrote:
I am not sure about what happened in the upside down world south of
the equator but we sold the **** out of PCs being used as smart
terminals here in the US. In fact by the early 90s it was getting hard
to find dumb terminals in anything but the places with the simplest
applications with marginally trained workers.

It's been a while since I've seen an ADM-3A or VT100

We had a VT100 lying around until just a few years
ago, when our COO went on a cleaning binge.

Mine is still around somewhere, at the bottom of an immense pile of junk.
Along with most of a DEC LSI 11/23 which was my personal computer
before my first PC, a 286. I never bothered with a PC or XT clone.

We had VT220s and VT320s being used until 1999 for our
ERP system, when they switched to a PC-based application.
And we're still using that 1999 software. *sigh*