Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT - Help with chainsaw.... Plus

On 2/9/2019 7:04 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 5:58:41 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Is the chain break engaged? This has happened to me.

Break is not engaged. Chain spins freely when running, either when initially choked to start and a bit off choke. Idles ok. When I pull the trigger it'll start to run, but immediately hesitates, release the trigger, back to idle ok somewhat, but as soon as I engage the trigger, the motor hesitates, then shuts off.

My 2 stroke blower and line trimmer will act this way. I very often, to
always, have to feather the choke after it starts to get it warmed up
enough to accelerate with out the choke. It acts like you describe.
Especially when it is cool to cold I have to leave the choke partially
engaged until thoroughly warmed up. I often have to do this even if it
has set for 30 minutes and I need to restart.

AND I always use premium gasoline, Echo oil for the gas, and a gas
stabilizer for the gas can. A lot of trouble but it works.