Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default OT - Help with chainsaw.... Plus

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 8:55:24 AM UTC-6, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/9/2019 11:22 AM, Sonny wrote:
New Stihl chainsaw model MS 250. Used once before.

Is the chain break engaged? This has happened to me.

Does the chain break regularly? Or did you mean "brake"? ...:-)

LOL.

Update. Used the saw yesterday, 6-8 cuts in 10" creosote logs. It repeated the previous symptoms and eventually stopped, wouldn't even crank/run. This morning I blew the fuel line, form the carb end toward the fuel tank.. Cranked right up and ran smoothly. Seems obvious debris is getting into the line.

I don't know how debris is getting into the line so easily, if it is. The filter seems perfect and has no debris on it. I wonder if the fuel line, itself, is deteriorating on its inside, somehow, producing the debris.

More cutting is to be done, so I'll monitor the goings on.

Sonny