gabriel

Default HELP!! Ceramic tile

Meleah Foreman wrote:

The installer did say they were going to apply "satin sealer" but have
not yet. The gray started appearing soon after the tile was installed
(2-3 days) It has been 4 weeks since the installation. When should
they have applied the sealer?

If I remember correctly, I applied my sealer right after the grout fully
cured, so I'm thinking 3 or 4 days...

I don't think there's a time limit, though, just that if you get dirt
embedded in the grout before applying the sealer, the dirt will stay
there after the sealer is applied.

Definitely I would call the installer. This might turn out to be not a
big deal, specially if the installer also cleans the floor as it is right
now (I would push them to do it, since they waited so long to apply the
sealer).

--
gabriel