Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Contiboard, oh high street where has it gone?

In article ,
says...

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

it seems the only colour available from sheds is white

Once you penetrate their search engine, B&Q lists
white, oak, pale oak, grey oak, walnut and maple flavours of chipboard

https://www.diy.com/departments/building-supplies/timber-and-sheet-materials/furniture-boards/chipboard/_/N-8snZ1z1405y

Yes, but it isn't Contiplas, so might not match whatever you
already have. I wanted some light oak to build some matching
shelving on my computer desy which I built over 20 years ago.

The oak they do is much darker and, I've noticed, exactly what
choice of colours they have seems to vary on a random basis!

I looked on the Contiboard web site and they don't seem to do
the original any more, so no point looking around for a
supplier.

However, B&Q have a bin near the exit where customers can
leave unwanted materials which anybody is free to take away
for a charity donation and, on a recent visit, I found the
bits of a dismantled wardrobe in exactly the right colour, so
I got a couple of pieces sitting in the garage which I'll cut
up and assemble when the weather gets a bit warmer.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com