Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tree removal

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:07:14 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/10/2019 02:41 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:48:47 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/10/2019 07:27 AM, wrote:
They are weeds down here you can hardly kill. It is illegal to even
plant one in a lot of places. That one was 60-70 feet high before the
hurricanes knocked the top out (twice).
It sprayed tree limbs like this all over the yard

Did it bear figs?

Strangler fig trees take over trees and actually smother and kill
them. They are in the ficus family but not exactly the same. Fig trees
is another animal all together - you get figs.

Ficus and banyon trees can take over sewer pipes that cause havoc on
house foundations and plumbing pipes.

https://www.britannica.com/plant/strangler-fig-tree

That's useless. I remember seeing the banyan at Edison's place in Ft.
Myers. I guess it was in a pot when he planted it and now (well, back in
the '80s) it's its own little forest.

My neighbors found out why you never cut off those roots that drop
down. That is all that is holding up the tree.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Irma/Jay%20Banyon.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Irma/Banyon...0WB%20ramp.jpg